I have discovered the fun that is Pinterest but try to only utilize it for things that I can realistically try/do and will try/do. So it is mostly a personalized cook book. When I first started coming across recipes on Pinterest, PJ would ask me every night "is this from Pinterest?". He eventually stopped asking because everything was from Pinterest. My personal rule for pinning a recipe is that A) I must already have the ingredients or the ingredients can't be very expensive and B) The recipe can't take longer than 30 minutes. I have found a few that even though the picture looked yummy and the ingredients are all affordable, the recipe was just not "us". Now that I have tried at least 20 recipes, I figured I would document our top 10 favorite recipes:
1) Steak seared in butter, cooked in stove with butter, and garnished with butter. I mean, what can compete?
2) Chipotle Salmon.
3) Breaded chicken with a Basil Cream Sauce. (This is when we discovered that PJ does actually liked cooked milk- he's had a phobia of cooked milk for a LONG time)
4)Pasta with Mushroom, Asparagus, and Goat Cheese. Once again, shocked that PJ loved it as much as he did. He even said he LOVED the asparagus.
5)Spicy Spaghetti. This is not a Pinterest recipe (gasp!) but it's good. Just ask if you want the recipe.
6) Apesjam's homemade chili. Not a Pinterest recipe (again!) but something I completely concocted. And its good.
7) BBQ Ribs. (Another non-Pinterest recipe) PJ actually makes a special dry rub and then near the end we smother the ribs with BBQ sauce. Oh Yum.
8)Rosemary and Apricot Crusted Pork Loin. This is a magazine recipe- maybe I don't get as much inspiration from Pinterest as I thought...
9) Honey Sesame Chicken
10) Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta.
Okay, I'm hungry.